The Land Tax in Kerala is a tax imposed on the land that you own. It is an important part of paying your taxes in Kerala and yet many people find it difficult to understand how to pay this tax through online. In this blog post, we will provide a step-by-step guide on how to pay your Land Tax online in the Indian state of Kerala. We’ll also go over some tips and tricks that may help you during the process. So, if you’re looking to learn more about how to pay your Land Tax through online in Kerala, then read on!
What is Land Tax?
In Kerala, land tax is imposed by the local government on the owners of all properties within its jurisdiction. The tax is levied on the basis of the value of the land, and is typically paid yearly.
Land tax can be paid online through the Kerala Land Revenue Department website. To do so, property owners must first register for an account on the site. Once registered, they will be able to login and view their property tax bill. Payment can be made using a credit or debit card, or via net banking.
Who needs to pay Land Tax?
If you own or lease residential, commercial or industrial property in Kerala, you need to pay Land Tax. The amount of tax you need to pay is based on the value of your property as well as any applicable exemptions. You can use the online portal to calculate your tax liability and make payments.
How to pay Land Tax through online in Kerala?
There are many different ways that you can pay your land tax in Kerala, but one of the most convenient methods is to do so online. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to pay your land tax through the online portal:
1. Log onto the official website of the Kerala Revenue Department.
2. Under the ‘Revenue’ tab, click on the link for ‘Land Tax’.
3. You will be directed to the ‘e-Filing & Payment of Land Tax’ page. Select the ‘Payment of Land Tax’ option.
4. On the next page, select your district and taluk from the dropdown menus. Enter your assessment number and click on the ‘Get Bill Details’ button.
5. Your land tax bill will be displayed on the screen. Check all the details carefully and then click on the ‘Pay Now’ button.
6. You will be redirected to a secure payment gateway where you can make your payment using a credit/debit card or net banking facility
Paying land tax online in Kerala is a convenient and easy process. By following the simple steps outlined in this article, you can quickly pay your land tax without having to leave the comfort of your home. This method ensures that all payments are secure and it also helps to reduce traffic at local offices by eliminating the need for physical contact with government officials. Investing a little bit of time in understanding how to pay land taxes through online portals will save a lot of hassle down the road and make sure that you stay on top of any financial obligations related to your property.